LifePath Financial Planning has selected the Enerflex MS Brissie to the Bay bike ride to join the fight against multiple sclerosis as our Charity of Choice in 2015. Together with the support of our staff, family and friends, Team LifePath raised $2,785 in donations. Six of members of the LifePath staff participated in the 50km bicycle ride from Southbank to Wynnum and back!
Alas it wasn’t without its dramas. Trent Allen was unable to attend due to illness and Brad Monk broke his bike chain at the 33km mark. A hacksaw may have been involved. It was a lovely day to dress up in lycra and see the sights of Brisbane. We are looking forward to participating in the event again in 2016 and involving clients and referral partners that would like to join us for the ride. Start your training !
Did you know:
- 4 Australians are diagnosed with MS every working day
- The average age of diagnosis is just 30 years of age
- It strikes young people in the prime of their lives and there is no known cause or cure
- Symptoms of MS are unpredictable; they change from person to person, and from time to time in the same person. Symptoms may include tiredness, blurry vision, loss of balance and muscle coordination, slurred speech, difficulty walking, short-term memory loss, tingling and numbness or in severe cases tremors and paralysis.
- MS is a lifelong disease for which a cure is yet to be found. However, doctors and scientists are making new discoveries in treating and understanding MS every day and the research toward finding a cure is very encouraging.
- If you would like to know more about the event please use this link below http://brissietothebay.com.au/
At LifePath Financial Planning we have clients and family that are living with MS. We see the strength in them with their day to day living. This event is our way to show our support for the 23,000 people with MS and help find a cure.